cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is the alternative to LENGTH function when building a dashboard?

AnnaNguyen
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

I have been tasked with building a report and one of the requirements is to filter individuals with name that exceed 32 characters maximum. In SQL query, I can do this with a combination of CASE WHEN and LENGTH functions, but in Sisense I saw that this functions only available in the cube and not in the dashboard so I'm wondering if there is an alternative to this? Because I tried to avoid adding custom columns to the cube so that not to harm the production database so any chance I can achieve this in the dashboard would be great.

1 REPLY 1

sneak
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

I don't believe this is possible out of the box, though you may be able to use some Javascript to achieve the desired functionality. However, what I would recommend is to create a custom table in the elasticube (rather than a custom column, if you do not want to muddy the perception of the prod database tables). In your custom column, you can extract only the id of records which match the conditions (less than 32 characters in length), create a relationship from the custom table to the primary table on "id", then use the id field from the custom table to apply a filter to the widget that you want to affect.