cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is it possible to have an either/or Dashboard filter?

edtguy
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

In a Sisense dashboard, is it possible to have an "either/or" filter, based on two column values?

The model has two fact tables: Charge and Transaction. Charge can have zero to many associated Transaction rows, with Transaction associated to Charge by chargeID. Charge rows have a date of service and a charge amount. Transaction rows have a posting date and a transaction amount.

In Transaction, besides loading actual Transaction rows, I load one "dummy" row for each Charge, with a dummy flag set and a Transaction amount of zero and posting date to date of service. In the dashboard, This way, I can always show correct charge info, without duplication or omission, by setting a filter on the Transaction dummy column to true, as long as a filter on posting date doesn't exclude any actual date of service values.

I want to show charge information filtered by the month of the date of service, but I also want to show associated transaction data, filtered on the month of the posting date. If I set the posting date filter to a range that is not inclusive of the date of service dates, I lose some Charge information. If I could set Transactions to be within a range of posting dates OR dummy = true, that would yield correct results for both charges and associated transactions.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

edtguy
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

I just had a colleague show me the Filter relationship editor. That's exactly what I need!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

edtguy
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

I just had a colleague show me the Filter relationship editor. That's exactly what I need!