Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best practises to setup sisense project

ramansingh89
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hello,

When we setup a git project in sisense, it asks us to enter the credentials (username and PAT token), so since the PAT token is associated to a 'dedicated user' and not on the repository level, are there any best practises on managing this secret? eg: what if that user leave the company

one option I am thinking is to create a 'service user' in github and use their PAT token, any other recommendations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @ramansingh89,

Great question!

I suppose it depends on how many developers are going to be using the Git integration. It may be best to create a dedicated Git user specifically for managing those projects, and have the credentials known to multiple people. Just make sure that multiple people aren't working on the same project at the same time. If it's a specific individual and that person is removed from the system it may cause issues with accessing the projects owned by them. We are working on a solution for that situation right now, but currently do not have a clear process.

David Raynor (DRay)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ramansingh89
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

cc @DRay for visibility ๐Ÿ™‚

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @ramansingh89,

Great question!

I suppose it depends on how many developers are going to be using the Git integration. It may be best to create a dedicated Git user specifically for managing those projects, and have the credentials known to multiple people. Just make sure that multiple people aren't working on the same project at the same time. If it's a specific individual and that person is removed from the system it may cause issues with accessing the projects owned by them. We are working on a solution for that situation right now, but currently do not have a clear process.

David Raynor (DRay)