cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L2022.9: Filters with field names that do not match the names in the data model

Tim
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

We’re looking at updating Sisense; I have a question about the breaking change below.

Analytical Engine Overview: In the event that widgets contain filters with field names that do not match the names in the data model, they will load with an error about a dimension that is not found. In this case, delete the relevant filter, and recreate it using the correct field name specified in the data model. (https://docs.sisense.com/main/SisenseLinux/l2022-9-release-notes.htm)

Where in the dashboard .dash json file would I find the problem? Is it the when the highlighted lines in my screenshot below are different? Maybe I can write a script to fix all at once, maybe someone else has?

Tim_0-1685585053696.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

I got an answer. Turns out it's not when you set some name in the widget, but you rename the source column in the data model. And in such cases there was already a problem. So, I'm not so concerned; it's not likely to affect anyone, and if it does, then their widget already had an undiscovered bug, so I'll be glad to find it this way.

Sisense support said:
This breaking change does not affect all dashboards or data models. It only relates to "bad filters", which can occur when a designer creates a filter (any filter) using a column, and then the data admin renames that column in the data model.

Previously, such filters were ignored, data wasn't filtered, and unexpected data could be shown to the viewers. With AE activated, the system blocks such cases, and the widget returns an error.

The highlighted lines in your screenshot attached are completely fine and you don't need to edit them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hey @Tim 

We had this issue when we were migrating from Windows to Linux. We solved this by exporting 

• dashboards
  • widgets
  • kpi
  • datacontext
  • metadata

collections from the Application DB (the mongoDB) and did a find/replace-all.  on ' (Calendar)]' to ']'.

I used the following commands:

mongoexport --uri="mongodb://localhost:30846/prismWebDB" --collection=dashboards --out=dashboards.json
mongoexport --uri="mongodb://localhost:30846/prismWebDB" --collection=widgets --out=widgets.json
mongoexport --uri="mongodb://localhost:30846/prismWebDB" --collection=kpi --out=kpi.json
mongoexport --uri="mongodb://localhost:30846/prismWebDB" --collection=dataContext --out=dataContext.json 
mongoexport --uri="mongodb://localhost:30846/prismWebDB" --collection=metadata --out=metadata.json
.\mongoimport.exe --uri="mongodb://localhost:30846/prismWebDB" --collection=dashboards --mode=upsert --file="C:\Users\xxx\Documents\dashboards_altered.json"
.\mongoimport.exe --uri="mongodb://localhost:30846/prismWebDB" --collection=widgets --mode=upsert --file="C:\Users\xxx\Documents\widgets_altered.json"
.\mongoimport.exe --uri="mongodb://localhost:30846/prismWebDB" --collection=kpi --mode=upsert --file="C:\Users\xxx\Documents\kpi_altered.json"
.\mongoimport.exe --uri="mongodb://localhost:30846/prismWebDB" --collection=dataContext --mode=upsert --file="C:\Users\xxx\Documents\dataContext_altered.json"
.\mongoimport.exe --uri="mongodb://localhost:30846/prismWebDB" --collection=metadata --mode=upsert --file="C:\Users\xxx\Documents\metadata_altered.json"

Please backup and test everything thoroughly before doing this on a live production.

Hamza

Tim
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

I got an answer. Turns out it's not when you set some name in the widget, but you rename the source column in the data model. And in such cases there was already a problem. So, I'm not so concerned; it's not likely to affect anyone, and if it does, then their widget already had an undiscovered bug, so I'll be glad to find it this way.

Sisense support said:
This breaking change does not affect all dashboards or data models. It only relates to "bad filters", which can occur when a designer creates a filter (any filter) using a column, and then the data admin renames that column in the data model.

Previously, such filters were ignored, data wasn't filtered, and unexpected data could be shown to the viewers. With AE activated, the system blocks such cases, and the widget returns an error.

The highlighted lines in your screenshot attached are completely fine and you don't need to edit them.