cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return members from dashboard script

cglowe
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

My goal is to have a dashboard filter be dynamically hidden based on number of values in an elasticube table that a user has access to.  

Specifically, if [Tenant].[Tenant Name] returns more than one value, the dashboard filter should be visible.  Less than two and it should be hidden.  

I'm able to hide/unhide the dashboard filter via dashboard script, but am not sure how to retrieve number of Tenant Names without creating a new widget and also making it hidden.  Is it possible to return table.column members in a dashboard script?

2 REPLIES 2

Benji_PaldiTeam
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Hi @cglowe ,

You have the option to execute a JAQL within the dashboard script to obtain a column members. Based on this outcome, you can dynamically control the visibility of the filter.

Here is a post on how to run additional JAQL within script: https://community.sisense.com/t5/build-analytics/run-an-additional-jaql-within-your-script/m-p/3149 

Feel free to reach out if you have further questions, we're always happy to help 🙂
[email protected] 
Paldi Solutions, Number #1 Sisense Plugins Developer

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @cglowe ,

I wanted to follow up to see if the solution offered by @Benji_PaldiTeam worked for you.

If so, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button so that other users with the same questions can find the answer faster. If not, please let us know so that we can continue to help.

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)
Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]