cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client receives numerous subscribed email notifications for the same report, in a single day

BeckyCrittenden
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

What would cause a subscribed dashboard to be sent to a subscribed recipient 18 times in a day, all within a minute or 2 of each other?
A client has reported seeing 18 emails for the same report, all sent on the same day, with timestamps falling just minutes after the other. 
Was anything happening in Sisense that would do this? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @BeckyCrittenden,

In that case, I recommend creating a support case. They are better equipped to handle screenshots and they can gather any logs they need to help troubleshoot this.

David Raynor (DRay)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

BeckyCrittenden
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Also, the reporting user who received the 18 emails is not the dashboards owner. She is not the user applicable to the subscription settings. 

The subscription settings are also to send Every ElastiCube update, with no more than 1 email being sent per day. Image of the report subscription settings: 

BeckyCrittenden_0-1726785736220.png

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi Becky,

That is odd. Are all the emails directed to her directly and not a distro list? Can we confirm that all the emails are for the same report?

David Raynor (DRay)

Hi Dray!

The user is receiving the same emails many times per day within minutes of each other every day over the last 2-3 wks. 
The dashboard owner also on the subscription is not receiving any emails for this dashboard. 
The image below is from the client showing her email inbox and the same email/dashboard coming in minutes apart. 

Does this help? What other information do you need?

Very similar to this report was another report by a different client back in August. He too reports seeing numerous emails for a single dashboard, seemingly overwhelming his inbox. 

In that case we did not reach out to report here as the dashboard was confirmed as being outdated, no longer used and the client user deleted it. Thus no need for assistance after that. 

This was reported on Aug 29, image from this client below. 
Please note this message is meant to share additional information on the current question, though the client is not the same. This is informational only in case it might help figure out why this happens. 

BeckyCrittenden
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

How may we take this offline so the images I shared are not visible to the entire Sisense community? If they are not able to be hidden, can you remove them from your side?
I realize there is information I should not post publicly there. Please advise on this ASAP!

I have removed images for security/data sensitivity. Please advise on how I may securely send images to you for your reference confirming this is in fact the same dashboard, being sent to the user, 15+ times per day. 
Thank you!

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @BeckyCrittenden,

In that case, I recommend creating a support case. They are better equipped to handle screenshots and they can gather any logs they need to help troubleshoot this.

David Raynor (DRay)

Hey DRay! I will do so today! Thank you very much!