Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigating the Future of Angular: Questions and Insights on the Compose SDK

IsaacBlanco
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi Sisense team and fellow developers,

I want to take a moment to express my appreciation for the substantial improvements in performance, the variety of tools available, and the resolution of bugs in the recent updates to the Compose SDK for the Angular framework. As a developer using this SDK, I’m particularly pleased with the advancements in React, where we can see new features being rolled out.

However, I have some questions regarding the future of the Angular package, especially concerning ongoing issues that have persisted since the beginning and, in some cases, are critical.

Regarding the new DashboardByID component, which is currently in beta, I think its speed and visual output are excellent. However, I’d like to know more about plugin integration. Once the ability to register plugins in Angular is fully implemented, will it support all types of plugins? This includes purchased plugins like Paldi widgets and those requiring direct communication via PostMessages.

I also want to address issues I've encountered with Jest and the CSKD. Since the official release of the package, I've faced constant problems when including components or APIs exposed by the Jest testing framework. This has forced me to manually mock numerous package components (including modules, graphics, and filters), which adds friction to development time due to the maintenance of these mocks. I have experienced this issue in both new projects and existing ones, and I’d like to know if I am the only one facing this, or if there is a solution from the Sisense team.

On the topic of performance, while I have noticed slight improvements in recent updates, including reduced build times, I still perceive that the overall build time is quite high due to the heavy dependencies required by Angular. I would like to know what future plans are in place to address this.

I realize this post is quite lengthy, but I want to highlight the great work being done with the package. It offers a strong alternative to using iframes and significantly enhances the user experience.

0 REPLIES 0