Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting Data from Widgets

mshevelson
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hello! 

I am trying to extract data from widgets inside a dashboard using the REST API in Python.  I currently have the JAQL from the widget and want to run that against the elasticube.  I am referencing a Sisense community post  that talks about a 'elasticubes/{elasticube}/jaql' endpoint in version 0.9.  This endpoint does not show up for me.

Am I able to use this endpoint? Or is there a more effective way to get data from the widgets inside my dashboard?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

moti-sisense
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @mshevelson, you can safely use the JAQL API. There's a small mistake in that community post, the API endpoint you're looking for is:

/api/datasources/{datasource}/jaql

You can see the correct URL referenced in the code sample included in the community post.

Here's an example of what that URL would look like with the "Sample Healthcare" sample data model:

https://example.com/api/datasources/Sample%20Healthcare/jaql

You can find the API reference for this endpoint here.

Moti Granovsky | Product Director @ Sisense

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

moti-sisense
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @mshevelson, you can safely use the JAQL API. There's a small mistake in that community post, the API endpoint you're looking for is:

/api/datasources/{datasource}/jaql

You can see the correct URL referenced in the code sample included in the community post.

Here's an example of what that URL would look like with the "Sample Healthcare" sample data model:

https://example.com/api/datasources/Sample%20Healthcare/jaql

You can find the API reference for this endpoint here.

Moti Granovsky | Product Director @ Sisense

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Thank you @moti-sisense. I have updated the Community Post.

David Raynor (DRay)

Thank you for your help! This is exactly what I am looking for.

What is 'cubeName' in regards to the API?  Is it the name of my elasticube?  It doesn't seem to be working as expected.