Product Feedback Forum
Help us make Sisense better by posting your product feedback here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our users often unnecessarily/mistakenly create filters at the Widget level when, really, it may make better sense for that filter to be applied at the Dashboard level. Had a suggestion from a user yesterday to add a menu button for Widget filters that will move/convert the filter from the Widget layer to the Dashboard layer. It would simplify the dashboarding process and make it quicker, less complicated, and less error-prone for end users.

3 Comments

That's an awesome idea. Would be great to see it OOTB.

As an FYI, after a bit of experimentation, you should be able to use this dashboard script (or convert to a plugin):

prism.on('beforemenu', (ev, args) => {
  if (args.settings.name !== "widget-metadataitem" || args.settings.item.panel !== "scope") { return }
  let item = args.settings.item
  let menuItem = {
    id: "moveFilterToDashboard",
    caption: "Copy filter to Dashboard",
    desc: "Copy filter to Dashboard",
    execute: function () {
	  args.settings.scope.dashboard.filters.update(args.settings.item)
    }
  }
  args.settings.items.push(menuItem)
})

I did make sure the script copied rather than moved, as it's easier to delete the widget filter than to recreate if you use the button in error.

This one will add a menu item, exactly as you specified.

Let me know how you go?

Thanks,

Daniel

RAPID BI

[email protected]

RAPID BI - Sisense Professional Services | Implementations | Custom Add-ons

Salutations, Community Sisense,

The idea of giving a way to convert widget filters to dashboard filters is one that I wholeheartedly support. This would improve usability by cutting out pointless steps and removing confusion that arises when users apply filters at the widget level by accident. Dashboarding would surely be more effective and user-friendly with a more efficient filter management procedure, reducing the possibility of mistakes. It's a useful addition that supports the goal of improving dashboard usability and accessibility for all users. As an aside, Sportzfy for Mac OS offers a simple solution to view live events straight on your smartphone if you're searching for flawless sports streaming!

Knowledgeable!

That's a great suggestion! Adding a "one-click" option to convert a widget filter to a dashboard filter would definitely streamline the workflow for users, helping to reduce mistakes and making the process much more efficient. It would also ensure that the correct filters are applied at the appropriate level, avoiding redundancy and confusion. This feature could significantly enhance usability, especially for those managing large-scale dashboards with multiple widgets. On another note, if you're looking for a reliable app to stream sports, I highly recommend checking out Sport for Mac OS it's a great solution for catching all your favorite sports in one place.