Product Feedback Forum
Help us make Sisense better by posting your product feedback here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As the platform has users across the globe, the timezone chosen for reporting must get aligned with the logged-in user's locale. SiSense already displays the ElastiCube's last build time in the logged-in user's timezone. In similar lines, whenever a widgets reports intra-day transactions / volumes, an option to display the data in logged in user's timezone should be made available by default in the SiSense platform.

3 Comments

Hey,

If you are looking for a solution right away, I saw the following post on the community page:

https://community.sisense.com/t5/knowledge/enabling-timezone-by-user/ta-p/9593

And I also found a plugin Timezone Adjustments (https://www.paldi.solutions/plugins/time-zone-adjustments)

Hamza

Hi Hamzaj,

I had tried the date dimension + data security option suggested. However, that introduced undesired behaviors in my dashboard.  

1) The moment I configure a data security layer on a table, that column is added to all of the queries fired from widgets.

2) Owing to #1, undesired joins with tables are getting formed which ends up truncating the dataset fetched from the aggregated tables.

3) The solution proposed works only if I alienate the intra-day transaction table from all other tables in my elasticube which is impossible for me.

Explaining the behavior using an example:-

Column names of the Intra day table (storing last 36 hours data) :-

• DateTimeHours
  • ProductID
  • Count of Products sold

Column names of Aggregate table :-

• Date
  • ProductID
  • CountofProducts Sold

DateDimTable ( Data Security applied on Timezone)

• DateTimeHoursInIntraDay
  • Timezone
  • DateTimeHoursWithTimezoneOffset 

Behaviours introduced by my design  :-

• ProductId is common between Intra-day and Aggregate table. 
  • There will be ProductIds in AggregateTable that are not in the Intra-day table as Intra-day stores a snapshot of hourly data.
  • Relationship exists between DateTimeHours and DateTimeHoursInIntraDay 
  • Relationship exists between ProductIDs in Intra-day and the aggregate table 

My observations / findings :-

• Once the data security is applied, data fetched from AggregateTable gets limited to those ProductIds that are present in the Intra-day table as Timezone data-security forces the SiSense platform to first refer to the DateDimTable --> then fetch matching DateTimeHours from Intraday table to arrive at the ProductIds . 

Constraints / open questions even with the proposed solution:-

• Cannot bring all of the transaction data into Elasticube owing to the size 
  • Even if I use the DateDim+DataSecurity option, I have to figure out a solution for converting data in aggregate table to logged in user's timezone.

Do share your thoughts.

Regards

Jijish  

Status changed to: Needs Votes & Comments

Hello @Jijish,

Thank you for sharing your idea and providing details.

We encourage people to continue to vote and comment. We use community interest as one of the ways we prioritize efforts, so every vote and comment can help turn a request into a reality.

Thank you again for sharing and being part of our community!