Product Feedback Forum
Help us make Sisense better by posting your product feedback here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The behaviour of the From/To date component appears to be causing a lot of confusion new users - we have had multiple reports mis-selecting dates and/or thinking this is a problem with Sisense.

The problem appears to stem from the way the focus is automatically shifted to speed up input of the 'To' date. This is not expected by new users and causes confusion.
  • When a date is selected in the 'From' box...
    • If no date set in the 'To' box, move focus to 'To' box and allow the user to immediately select the 'To' Date
    • If date already set in 'To' box, do nothing.
So, the first time you set the date range the first click sets the 'From' date, and you can immediately set a 'To' date with a second click. This is handy, but at the same time confusing if you don't realise what it's doing, and in practice is causing complaints.
2 Comments
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hello @pb_si.

Thank you for your feedback! I would like to get this Idea over to the product team, but first I would like to get more information and head off any roadblocks to implementation.

How would you like to see the date picker work, and can you provide some examples?

Thank you for working with me to get this Idea fleshed out so it can be evaluated and scoped for effort.

Have a great day!

Hello @pb_si.

Thank you for your feedback! I would like to get this Idea over to the product team, but first I would like to get more information and head off any roadblocks to implementation.

How would you like to see the date picker work, and can you provide some examples?

Thank you for working with me to get this Idea fleshed out so it can be evaluated and scoped for effort.

Have a great day!