Product Feedback Forum
Help us make Sisense better by posting your product feedback here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The only way non-Owners of Dashboards become aware of a Dashboard being republished is if (a) they happen to notice changes in the Dashboard design since the last time they viewed the Dashboard, or (b) if the Dashboard Owner (outside of Sisense) proactively notifies Viewers that they have republished the Dashboard.

I would like to see a feature where there is a visual indicator to non-Owners that informs them that "This Dashboard has been republished by the Owner since the last time you viewed the Dashboard." An Even Better If would be to allow the Owner to add notes when they republish, and these notes could be visible to non-Owners the next time they open the Dashboard.

7 Comments

I like the feature request. I think it is usefull.

It is not entirely accurate what you are writing regarding the options.It is possible to enable an email notification when a dashboard is republished:

HamzaJ_0-1721742200218.png

Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @bminehart.

Does the email option pointed out by @HamzaJ work for your use case?

Thanks @DRay and @HamzaJ -- looking at the options listed, they're all prefixed with "Share" not "Republish". If I were to enable the "Share Dashboard With Existing User" option, would the system email all users (that have had the dashboard shared with them) every time that Dashboard is republished?

Also, follow-up question -- from the snippet, it looks like these are system-wide settings -- is that the case? It's not a per-Dashboard or per-user setting?

-Ben

Hi Ben.

My understanding is that republishing will trigger the share notification to people the Dashboard is shared with.

Correct. The setting is system-wide.

Rather than email, could this be done in-app?

For example, when looking at the cards of dashboards:

dougnewton_0-1724246312595.png

There's no indicator that something has changed recently, unless you hover over the card.  Maybe some sort of icon could be added here, to show that it was changed since the last login.

Also, there's an alarm-bell in the upper right for notifications.  Could changes to dashboards that I have access to, be listed there as well?

Status changed to: Needs Votes & Comments

Hello everyone,

Thank you for sharing your idea and providing details.

We encourage people to continue to vote and comment. One of the ways we prioritize efforts is by community interest, so every vote and comment can help turn a request into a reality.

Thank you again for sharing and being part of our community!

I like @dougnewton's idea for native Sisense users. We're embedding Sisense as part of our app, so we'd need a way to display the notification while viewing the Dashboard (or expose such an indicator via the API so that we could add the flag in our own UI when displaying a list of available Dashboards within our application).