Product Feedback Forum
Help us make Sisense better by posting your product feedback here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently, builds can only be scheduled in the UTC timezone. This is confusing for someone not in UTC and when you have to coordinate with external processes. The user should have the ability to schedule builds on their own timezone. 

4 Comments

hey @btrevizan ,

I recommend considering the option of using Build Automation with a POST /builds request.
Please find related Documentation

Using the API provide many advantages:

1. Granular Control: The /builds API in V2 endpoint provides more granular control over individual build processes. 
  2. Flexibility: Using the API allows for greater flexibility in automation. You can integrate build triggers into custom applications, scripts, or workflows, enabling more complex scenarios than what might be supported by the build scheduler alone.
  3. Custom Triggers: You can set up custom triggers for builds based on specific conditions or events that might not be easily accommodated by the build scheduler. For example, triggering a build after data update in the Source Data Base.
  4. Managing the Number of Parallel Builds: Offers the flexibility to control the number of cubes being built simultaneously in Sisense, allowing for more efficient use of resources and better performance management.

Best Regards

Hi @AssafHanina

Yes, but then I need a whole application outside Sisense to manage builds and cannot use the out-of-the-box schedule feature. This doesn't seem a good solution for clients with no development skills. If they hired Sisense with the schedule feature, I would expect the feature would work with the client's timezone since we configure a timezone during installation or Sisense could use the browsers' timezone.

Best,

Bernardo

Hey @btrevizan ,

I do understand this and thanks for sharing the feedback to our product team. 
Additionally, Sisense is API-base, which provides endpoints to run advanced automations, which are not available on the native application, such as the Build automation.

Please Consider review it with internal technical resources or contact the CSM for further assistance.

best regards

Status changed to: Needs Votes & Comments

Hello @btrevizan,

Thank you for submitting your idea!

I have brought this Idea to the product team and will post updates here as they are available.

One of the ways we prioritize development efforts is by community interest. I encourage other users to vote and comment on this suggestion. The more engagement a request receives, the higher the likelihood of it being considered for implementation.

Thank you for being a valuable part of our community!