Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sum for new date

AveryLeerling
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hello,

Does someone know if in the reporting there is an fx that can calculate an new date, so as I can make in excel =date(today + 21 days) 

= 21-june-2024

is that possible can someone help me?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

david-h
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi,

It depends on what you want to achieve.

If you need to display a date + or - X days, it does not exist out of the box in Sisense. You can always use a Javascript script in your widget to do this.

If you want to get the value of a KPI for date + or - X days, you can use the time windows functions : pastyear/pastmonth/pastweek/pastday or next and prev that can be used to get the KPI value at a relative date.

For example, the values of Revenue 21 days ago you can use : ([Total Revenue],prev([Days in Date],21)). This will give the Total Revenue 21 days before the date in the current context.

Best, David

View solution in original post

david-h
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi Avery,

For your use case I think you should do the calculation in the datamodel. It seems to be more a process calculation, and you will be able to visualize it in the dashboards.

You can add a calculated column, DueDate, defined as adddays([RegisteredDate], 21)

Best, David.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

david-h
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi,

It depends on what you want to achieve.

If you need to display a date + or - X days, it does not exist out of the box in Sisense. You can always use a Javascript script in your widget to do this.

If you want to get the value of a KPI for date + or - X days, you can use the time windows functions : pastyear/pastmonth/pastweek/pastday or next and prev that can be used to get the KPI value at a relative date.

For example, the values of Revenue 21 days ago you can use : ([Total Revenue],prev([Days in Date],21)). This will give the Total Revenue 21 days before the date in the current context.

Best, David

AveryLeerling
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi,

Well, we register a date and let's say an action has been placed on 31-5-2024 and we need to know the date of plus 21 days. From that registrated date, because then the next thing in the process needs to get started. But with the available fx I can't find a why to visualize it in that way. We have about a hundred points in time that needs this calculation and I'm not ganno do it by hand haha. THere must be a way to do this, computersystems are smart enough for that I guess.

regards Avery

david-h
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi Avery,

For your use case I think you should do the calculation in the datamodel. It seems to be more a process calculation, and you will be able to visualize it in the dashboards.

You can add a calculated column, DueDate, defined as adddays([RegisteredDate], 21)

Best, David.

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @AveryLeerling ,

I wanted to follow up to see if the solution offered by @david-h worked for you.

If so, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button so other users with the same questions can find the answer faster. If not, please let us know so that we can continue to help.

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @AveryLeerling ,

I wanted to follow up to see if the solution offered by @david-h worked for you.

If so, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button so other users with the same questions can find the answer faster. If not, please let us know so that we can continue to help.

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)