Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic JDBC ClickHouse live model with custom dialect

bryan
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hello,

I am using a Generic JDBC driver to query our ClickHouse cluster. It works quite well on ElasticCube, except for handling date types and date functions. Therefore, I would like to use a live model with a custom dialect. However, I haven't found any documentation about that. I noticed that the analytical engine is enabled for my connector and that it's based on Apache Calcite. Additionally, I saw that there is a custom dialect for ClickHouse in the Apache Calcite project.

https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/main/core/src/main/java/org/apache/calcite/sql/dialect/ClickH...

I tried to download the Java file for ClickHouse dialect and upload it, but it doesn't seem to work as expected. Although no errors appeared in the UI, I noticed a 400 error in the network with the following message:

"Failed to update dialect with response = ServiceResponse(status=INSTALL_DIALECT_FAILED, value=null, error=Failed to validate Dialect for connector GenericJDBC_clickhouse, statusCode=0), for connector GenericJDBC_clickhouse."

Could you help me figure it out?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @bryan,

Thank you for reaching out. We are working on an official Clickhouse connector but it's not ready yet. We have added you to the list of users requesting it, and will follow up with more information as we have it. If you would like to work with a technical resource to see what can be done with your live model, please let me know here, or reach out to your account team. We can get something worked out.

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @bryan,

Thank you for reaching out. We are working on an official Clickhouse connector but it's not ready yet. We have added you to the list of users requesting it, and will follow up with more information as we have it. If you would like to work with a technical resource to see what can be done with your live model, please let me know here, or reach out to your account team. We can get something worked out.

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)

bryan
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi @DRay ,

Thank you for the update. While we wait for the official Clickhouse connector, could you let us know if there is a custom dialect for Clickhouse that your team might have developed internally? It would be incredibly helpful for our current project.

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Bryan

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @bryan.

I don't know of anything like that, but I would like to get a technical resource involved to help move your project forward. If you like I can have your account team reach out to get something scheduled.

David Raynor (DRay)

bryan
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi @DRay,

Thank you for your response. Yes, we would appreciate getting a technical resource involved to help with our project.

You can send me a private message if you need more information to contact me.

Thank you,
Bryan

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @bryan.

I was able to find your account in our CRM. I reached out to your Account Executive and he will follow up with you.

Please let me know if you don't hear anything in the next few days.

David Raynor (DRay)

bryan
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Alright, thank you @DRay !

bryan
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi @DRay ,

Thank you for your message.

I wanted to inform you that I still have not received any relevant updates.

Thank you for your assistance.

Bryan

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Thank you for the update. I am talking with your account team right now. They are discussing what resource would be best for this and will reach out to you soon.

David Raynor (DRay)