Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting by the Day of the Week in a Pivot Table

dinda156
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hello:

I am attempting to count incidents by the day of the week across a month.   I am hoping for:

MON   TUE   WED   THU   FRI   SAT   SUN

Shift A    3          6          2       5       11       8      7

Shift B    2          8          x       x         x        x      x

Shift C  and so forth.

Here is what I have so far, but I can't figure out how to tell SiSense to count only by one of the 7 days of the week and not duplicate the day of the week as pictured here:

dinda156_0-1717685495119.png

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Darin Inda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TriAnthony
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @dinda156,

Did you mean that the data model is a live model, or that you do not have access to the model? Do you have access to the Data tab (like shown below) at all? 

TriAnthony_0-1718039492614.png

The solution to your question requires changes to the data model (regardless of the model type, elasticube or live), so to achieve this, you'll need edit access to the model. Otherwise, you'll need to ask the data designer of the model to make the changes on your behalf.

Tri Anthony Situmorang

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Benji_PaldiTeam
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

Hi @dinda156 ,

If I understand the question correctly, one best approach would be to create a column in the Elasticube table that identifies the day of the week. You can then use this new column instead of 'Time in Alarm DateTime'  in your screenshot.

To achieve this, use the following formula in Elasticube to get the day name:

DayName(DayOfWeek([Table Name].[Date Field]))

This will allow you to group and count incidents by the day of the week without duplication.

Feel free to reach out if you have further questions, we're always happy to help 🙂
[email protected] 
Paldi Solutions, Number #1 Sisense Plugins Developer

I probably should have mentioned I am in a cloud environment.  As such, no elasticube.   

thanks!

Hello:
Working in our cloud environment, SiSense (Cloud) doesn't like DAYNAME. I cannot reference a table in the cloud, only the data element.  Our cloud implementation doesn't permit this. 

dinda156_1-1717772555875.png

TriAnthony
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @dinda156,

Did you mean that the data model is a live model, or that you do not have access to the model? Do you have access to the Data tab (like shown below) at all? 

TriAnthony_0-1718039492614.png

The solution to your question requires changes to the data model (regardless of the model type, elasticube or live), so to achieve this, you'll need edit access to the model. Otherwise, you'll need to ask the data designer of the model to make the changes on your behalf.

Tri Anthony Situmorang

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @dinda156 ,

I wanted to follow up to see if the solution offered by @Benji_PaldiTeam and @TriAnthony  worked for you.

If so, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button so other users with the same questions can find the answer faster. If not, please let us know so that we can continue to help.

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)