cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we edit the data without using code before pushing it to the Elasticube?

thuy_resolve
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi guys!

May I seek for your help to see, before we push the data into Elasticube, is there anyway we can edit the data without using code (just like remove column/row, add fields like the way we use Excel/Spreadsheet)?

For example: I have a dataset of csv file and it contains many junk data, many columns/rows are blank and null and I want to delete them before pushing it to Elasticube. Is there any workspace/function on Sisense that allow me to do that without any coding/script needed (I mean for no code user)?

Thank you a lot~

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hey @thuy_resolve ,

I dont think this is posisble. At least not for a CSV-file. I know for DB-connections you could write a query (which is code) to determine which columns to include or to do some transformations. 

For a CSV you could drop the specific columns. Then they will not be imported by Sisense. That is the most low-code action I can think of

Hamza

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hey @thuy_resolve ,

I dont think this is posisble. At least not for a CSV-file. I know for DB-connections you could write a query (which is code) to determine which columns to include or to do some transformations. 

For a CSV you could drop the specific columns. Then they will not be imported by Sisense. That is the most low-code action I can think of

Hamza

Hi @HamzaJ ,

May I ask at the step of pushing the data into Elasticube where we can preview the data before BUILD, do you know where the temporary storage for preview data file be stored inside Sisense? 

thuy_resolve_0-1722324304571.png

Thank you,

Thuy

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

I dont think it is stored anywhere. It is a real-time query of the file/database and shows the first x results. 

So the file is the same as the file you uploaded

thuy_resolve
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi @HamzaJ,

Thank you for your very prompt response. Yes, seems like it is the best option right now.

Thuy