cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is tenantID in the dashboard exports, and why is there no tenantID in models?

bpeikes
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Trying to understand the how we can use import/exports with scripting to improve the process of rolling out updated dashboards to our clients.

1) What is a tenantID? I haven't been able to find any information about what it's used for.
2) Is there detailed documentation on all of the fields? I've tried the documentation site, but there is nothing detailed there. 

1 REPLY 1

bluemetrics
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi Bpeikes!

A tenantID is a part of the multi-tenancy feature that will be released soon. Some of its functionality is already in the product for test and gradual release purposes. 

Once released you will be able to create a tenant and assign users/cubes/dashboards to specific tenants to make sure users canโ€™t see other companies/customers' data, mostly for enterprise output management (EOM) which refers to the process by which enterprise organizations manage, format and distribute data created from operational applications.

I would suggest avoiding using tenantID/assigning value etc. As we had cases where the system was not functioning properly. From what I know currently, there is only one tenant so all users/dashboards/cubes should also have the same tenant assigned to them.

Hope this makes sense to you and if you have any further questions donโ€™t be afraid to reach out!

Kind regards,

BlueMetrics

Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]