cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout on Postgresql connections in dev environment after 3 min

KristianWood
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Whenever I build the ClimateCube in our dev environment 3 times out of 4 one of two tables will time out after 3 min. The tables are DocumentChatEmbeddingProcess and PL2, and in both cases when they time out its after 3 min, but when they don't time out it takes longer than 3 min. 

I have set the timeout in Sisense.Connectors.PostgreSqlConnector.dll.config to  <add key="Timeout" value="900" /> but this makes no difference

The error I get when the build fails is:

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond"

KristianWood_0-1714551407735.png

KristianWood_1-1714551727335.png

2 REPLIES 2

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @KristianWood,

Thank you for reaching out.

Are you able to see the performance of the target database? It may not be returning the query quickly enough.

David Raynor (DRay)

martinphilip
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

In a development environment, encountering timeouts on PostgreSQL connections after three minutes may stem from various factors. DirecTV cable and internet bundles These can include network latency, server load, or misconfigurations. Investigate connection settings, such as the idle_in_transaction_session_timeout parameter, which might be causing premature disconnections. Adjusting this parameter or reviewing network configurations could potentially alleviate the issue, ensuring seamless database interactions during development.

Community Toolbox

Recommended links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]