cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactivity Timeout with iFrame Dashboard

khawkins
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

I'm working on an Angular/Spring application that embeds Sisense dashboards in iFrames. I'm trying to add an inactivity timeout for the application, so that users are signed out after a certain period of inactivity. However, I'm not sure how to detect user activity on the dashboards, sense they are rendered within an iFrame. What options are available for handling this functionality?

4 REPLIES 4

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @khawkins.

Welcome to the Sisense Community, we are happy to have you join us!

I have a couple of questions that will help us narrow down the approach to take.

1. Are you able to edit the Dashboard/Widget scripts inside Sisense?
  2. Are you able to use Sisense ComposeSDK, or are you familiar with it?

I look forward to working with you!

David Raynor (DRay)

khawkins
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi @DRay thank you for the reply.
I believe I could edit the Dashboard/Widget scripts inside Sisense, although I've never done this. I am unable to use ComposeSDK.

Looking forward to hearing back 🙂

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

No problem @khawkins, I'm happy to help.

If you haven't used Dashboard/Widget scripts before, do you have a resource on your team that has? They can be pretty complicated and cause issues if you aren't familiar with them.

If you don't have a qualified coding resource available, we can connect you with someone here who can help. Please let me know if you want to pursue that.

David Raynor (DRay)

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @khawkins .

Following up here to see if you still need help with this. If you don't have a qualified coding resource available, we can connect you with someone here who can help.

Can you let me know how things are going?

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)