vladimir
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi,

Why i am not getting widgets info when using useGetDashboardModel({

dashboardOid: <oid>,
    includeWidgets: true,
  }); ?

This is offficial Compose SDK hook which calls https://analytics.com/api/v1/dashboards/<oid>?expand=widgets&trc=sdk-ui-1.3.0 in the background.

Is there anything we need to include in the Dashboard settings to allow getting this info?

9 REPLIES 9

steve
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @vladimir 

The hook should work, providing there are widgets in the dashboard and the user has permission to see it.

Can you check in the browser developer tools to see what is in the response the that API call? does the json include the dashboard metadata but the widgets are missing? is there any error?

Here's a simple example of usage and expected output

steve_1-1709642314419.png

steve_2-1709642375907.png

If you still have issues please log a support ticket to avoid potentially sharing sensitive information in the community, and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Steve

Yes, JSON includes the dashboard metadata but the widgets field is missing. 

Might be permissions related problem.

When i login in the Sisense admin tool i can see the dashboard with widgets. 

Do you know which permissions should i have for the dashboard in order to be able to list the widgets in the API?

Liliia_DevX
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

@vladimir hi!

Please try to run the same API with the same user permissions in Sisense Swagger under the Admin tab -> REST API -> 1.0 -> GET/dashboards​/{id} and add the "widgets" attribute to the "expand" parameter: 

Liliia_DevX_0-1709653866074.png

Please let us know if that works in the native Sisense app. If the user you're using for the API execution has access to the dashboard (it's owned/shared with the user), the API should give you the data requested. 

Best Regards, Lily 

Yes i tried it with a different user that has admin permissions and for that user it correctly returns the widgets field; but for regular user, that just has dashboard shared with them, the widgets field is missing.

Liliia_DevX
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

@vladimir could you please clarify the user role and access type (like 'Can View' or 'Can Edit') to the dashboard that doesn't provide the widgets data in API? Alternatively, you can raise a Support Ticket so that we continue investigating the behavior you experience with this API.

Best Regards, Lily

@Liliia_DevX Both accounts(one with widgets and one without widgets field) have "Can View" access type. For context, we are using SSO Based Authentication for Compose SDK

Liliia_DevX
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

@vladimir thanks for the additional details. Let's continue investigating the behavior in the ticket raised for the Support Team. 

Best Regards, Lily

steve
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

hi @vladimir 

If the issue was not already resolved, please could you try the newly released version of Compose SDK: 1.6.0 and see if it helps?

We did identify some cases where widgets would not be returned if the dashboard contained widget types not supported natively by Compose SDK .. this was fixed in 1.6.0

Hope this helps!

Steve

cc @Liliia_DevX 

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @vladimir,

I wanted to follow up to see if the solution offered by @steve or @Liliia_DevX worked for you.

If so, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button so that other users with the same questions can find the answer faster. If not, please let us know so that we can continue to help.

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)