cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OlehChudiiovych
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Localization in Sisense, or How to Control Date and Numbers Format

In Sisense, the format of data displayed, such as date and numbers in widgets or filters, is managed by localization. By default, localization is set to be automatically detected based on browser/device settings. This means two users with different settings can see the same widget differently.

There are 2 ways to control the format of dates and numbers, aka the localization:

Browser settings

Language and location selected in browser settings is the easiest way to control the format of date and numbers in Sisense.

In my case both my laptop and browser have English (UK) as the main language:

OlehChudiiovych_0-1671718800204.png

The result on a dashboard:

OlehChudiiovych_0-1671717126385.png

If the user is located in another country and therefore has different preferred language/localization selected, the data will appear differently/dynamically.

Using Sisense REST API to define one specific localization

It is also possible to disable the auto-selection of localization and define a specific one:

This Sisense environment has English (US) selected as the default and only localization:

OlehChudiiovych_2-1671717854948.png

To change this, the REST API endpoint can be triggered with the given payload:

OlehChudiiovych_3-1671717901744.png

Where "autoDetectEnabled" is whether we take the localization from the browser (true) or specified default one (false).

The list of most common localization can be found here.

After making the changes using REST API, the dashboard looks like this:

OlehChudiiovych_4-1671718032143.png

Note, this means every user will see the data with the same format despite the country/browser settings.

Comments
borislavagoneva
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi Oleh,

I want to automatically provide relevant date formats to our clients according to their country as it is described above. However, currently it doesn't work like this. Here are the formatting options I have with both my Chrome and device language being set to English (US).

Screenshot 2023-07-10 190138.png

Nothing changed after setting both my Chrome and Windows language to English (UK)  - neither the options nor the visualised format. It looks like the formatting options hardcode the date format. What am I missing?

Thank you,

Bori

thanvesh
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi  OlehChudiiovych

I would like to bring to your notice that, the provided solution is not working for me. I did check the laptop and browser setting. It seems to be fine.  My goal is to change the date format to MM/DD/YYYY and the provided custom option at the bottom in Format does not help in changing the date format. I am attaching an screenshot for reference. Hope you can provide any alternate solution . 

Thank you.

thanvesh_0-1689788800706.png

OlehChudiiovych
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member
Version history
Last update:
‎02-15-2024 09:22 AM
Updated by:
Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]