cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Sisense's differentiator from other BI tools for you?

jhinman
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Why would you choose Sisense versus another BI tool?

3 REPLIES 3

Matt_Madden
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

@jhinman- this is always a great question that people ask, but maybe you could share some reasons why you chose Sisense and what you see as a differentiator?

jhinman
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

@Matt_Madden To be quite honest - I inherited Sisense and we are actually evaluating other tools. So I'm wondering why other people chose it over other tools, since we are having some doubts about it.

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

I've always liked the standard chart options and the ease of constructing formulas and setting filters; so much is possible out of the box with a fairly small and simple data model. Even the default layout looks quite beautiful, and then there are all the customisation options. Back when we started using Sisense, this didn't even include Blox -- only regular plugins and those already provide a world of possibilities (the current dearth of community plugins is a real pity -- but that is a different topic)

That said, our data model is far from small and simple and this has caused issues at various points. But none of the other options I investigated had obvious solutions to those issues either.