cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcordell
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

2024 Q4 Employee of the Quarter: Tri Anthony Situmorang!

At Sisense, our strength lies in our incredible team members who go above and beyond to drive innovation and foster a collaborative environment. This quarter, we are excited to honor Tri Anthony Situmorang as our Employee of the Quarter, a true embodiment of our values and commitment to excellence! 

Screenshot 2024-10-10 at 2.40.37 PM.png

Role: Senior Solution Consultant
Years with Sisense: almost 5 years
# of Accepted Solutions: 11
Kudos Received: 25

Sisense: How long have you been at Sisense?
Tri: Almost 5 years now.

S: What was your first job here?
Tri: Business Intelligence Consultant, the role was mostly focused on new customers’ onboarding.

S: What about your job excites you the most?
Tri: Working with customers and my team to formulate creative solutions for complex requirements. It’s always rewarding to see those ideas put into action.

S: What is a project or result that you are most proud of?
Tri: I personally find projects that focus on optimization and UI revamp to be the most rewarding. The results are very tangible, and customers are always appreciative of them.

S: If you could give Sisense customers one pro-tip what would it be?
Tri: Engage actively on the community site. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and share your own knowledge and experiences. We want the community to be resourceful for everyone.

S: What inspired you to get into tech?
Tri: I’ve been into tech since I was in middle school, I was fascinated by how computers make everyday tasks so much easier. I studied Computer Science in college and found Business Intelligence to be the most compelling subject because it combines data, decision-making, and UI/UX design, which are the areas I’m most passionate about in tech.

S: What do you do for fun, away from work?
Tri: I love miniatures, I collect mini things, action figures, LEGO sets, and miniature perfume bottles.

S: What Sisense event has been your favorite?
Tri: Hackathon, participating or even simply watching the presentations is always very exciting, especially when you see these creative and innovative ideas come to life.

S: What's the biggest thing you've learned working here at Sisense?
Tri: From a technical perspective: JavaScript. I'm far from being an expert, but my passion for UI design and the broad extensibility of Sisense pushed me to learn it. I’m now able to help with many scripting questions from tickets and community posts, something I never imagined doing five years ago (I’m not much of a programmer).

From an interpersonal standpoint, I’ve learned not to be afraid of asking for help. I’m one of those people who constantly worry about asking stupid questions, but the team at Sisense has a great way of making you feel comfortable with seeking help and sharing ideas.

S: Why is being part of the Sisense community important to you?
Tri: Many of the skills I have today come from online communities. I made it through college pretty much thanks to Stack Overflow. That’s the same reason why being part of the Sisense community is important to me, it’s where we can ask questions, find answers, share our ideas and expertise, and help each other navigate specific implementation challenges.

S: What is one piece of advice you would give to someone who wants to grow their knowledge and career?

Tri: Pick up a hard skill you can actually use immediately or at least in the near future. It’s easy to forget what you learn if you don’t apply it in practical situations.

Why Tri Stands Out

What sets Tri apart is their unwavering commitment to teamwork and customer success. Their positive attitude and proactive approach not only elevate their own work but inspire those around them.

Looking Ahead

As we celebrate Tri, we are excited to see how they will continue to contribute to our Sisense Community's success in the future. His dedication is a shining example of what it means to be part of the Sisense community.

Join us in congratulating Tri on this well-deserved recognition as our Employee of the Quarter! Your hard work and passion truly make a difference!

Tri's Linkedin

Most Popular Content: Financial Formatting for Pivot Tables on Linux