cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Add User Group to another Group

jwoodard
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Our company uses user groups to contain users based on their employer and the dashboard packages they should have access to. In order to not overcomplicate the administration process of adding and removing users, I'd like to find a way to make members of a particular user group have immediate access to dashboard packages without having to republish boards each time a new group is added. 

It would be ideal to add a new user group to another user group so all members added to the individual groups share the permissions of the global groups. 

As a quick example, we have a dashboard package for Sales that includes 8 dashboards. I have a user group for Sales Package that I give permissions to any users in the group to view the dashboards in that package. We have Company A add that dashboard package to their subscription so we create a Company A [Sales] user group. It would be great to be able to add Company A [Sales] to the Sales Package user group so we can add members from Company A to their specific group (to make it easier to manage additions and cancellations) and those users would benefit from being a part of the larger group without adding the individual company groups to the shared list in each of the 8 dashboards. 

1 REPLY 1

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @jwoodard,

This sounds like something a multi-tenant environment or Perspectives could help with.

Can you take a look at those and see if they will solve that issue for you? If not, please feel free to reach out to your account team to have a discussion about your use-case and they can help you find a solution.

David Raynor (DRay)