Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dashboard vs model single ownership?

ramansingh89
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi

I was reading through the sisense doc and found that 'dashboard' can only have a single owner (unless you enable co-owner feature). ownership can be transferred to another user

but in case of 'models', I don't see any option to 'transfer ownership' , instead I noticed that If I provide 'can edit' access to any data designer user, that user can do all the things which I (as an owner) can do. does it means models can have many owners? Is there any limitation to what an owner vs someone with 'edit' permissions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @ramansingh89,

Thank you for your question.

If you want to change the Data Model owner you can do that through the API. Here is a document on it. https://community.sisense.com/t5/knowledge/changing-elasticube-owner/ta-p/17957

As far as permissions, I believe the main difference between a Data Model Owner and someone who has 'Can Edit' is that the 'Can Edit' user can't delete the Data Model. I don't have Sisense instance I can test this on right now, but I'll look into it to make sure. If you want to check on your own Sisense please let us know if you confirm that before I can test myself and update here.

David Raynor (DRay)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @ramansingh89,

Thank you for your question.

If you want to change the Data Model owner you can do that through the API. Here is a document on it. https://community.sisense.com/t5/knowledge/changing-elasticube-owner/ta-p/17957

As far as permissions, I believe the main difference between a Data Model Owner and someone who has 'Can Edit' is that the 'Can Edit' user can't delete the Data Model. I don't have Sisense instance I can test this on right now, but I'll look into it to make sure. If you want to check on your own Sisense please let us know if you confirm that before I can test myself and update here.

David Raynor (DRay)

Hi @DRay 

We use live connection to Snowflake. I tested and found out that user can also delete the model like an owner does so may be there is no difference between these 2 users

I am also checking with Sisense support and will post their response here