cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sharing folder access across Dashboard Designers

mattmca
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

We are trying to standardize the folder structure we use for storing dashboards to include different folders for each department's dashboards. The problem I'm running into is that we might have multiple Dashboard Designers working on dashboards for the same department, but from what I can see, only the creator of a folder can store dashboards in it. Is there a way to share access of a folder among all designers so that any of them can drop their dashboards in the folder they need to be in?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Konrad_qbeeq
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi @mattmca,
This is not possible out of the box to pass ownership over the folder or create / move dashboards to someone's folder. However you can have workarounds for that.

If you'd like to just move existing dashboards you'll have to pass the ownership of dashboards to folder owner, who then can move them and pass the ownership back.

If your designers would just need to create new dashboards, then folder owner can create a dashboard and pass the ownership over that dashboard to other user. Than that user will be able to manage this dashboard within that folder. Also if user further duplicate dashboard over which has ownership the copy will land in the same folder even if folder is owned by someone else. So in this case for each of your designers you can create an empty dashboard which they own and will duplicate it and rename each time they would like to create a new dashboard.

QBeeQ also developed Dashboard Folder Management plugin which among other things would allow you to pass ownership over entire folder between users. Feel free to reach out to us directly if you would be interested in more details.

-- Konrad Wrรณblewski
QBeeQ 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Konrad_qbeeq
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi @mattmca,
This is not possible out of the box to pass ownership over the folder or create / move dashboards to someone's folder. However you can have workarounds for that.

If you'd like to just move existing dashboards you'll have to pass the ownership of dashboards to folder owner, who then can move them and pass the ownership back.

If your designers would just need to create new dashboards, then folder owner can create a dashboard and pass the ownership over that dashboard to other user. Than that user will be able to manage this dashboard within that folder. Also if user further duplicate dashboard over which has ownership the copy will land in the same folder even if folder is owned by someone else. So in this case for each of your designers you can create an empty dashboard which they own and will duplicate it and rename each time they would like to create a new dashboard.

QBeeQ also developed Dashboard Folder Management plugin which among other things would allow you to pass ownership over entire folder between users. Feel free to reach out to us directly if you would be interested in more details.

-- Konrad Wrรณblewski
QBeeQ 

Thanks for the insight @Konrad_qbeeq  - I could see why Sisense locks things down so other users do not move dashboard/folders, but it would be very helpful to have flexibility to allow alternate listed 'owner/access' to do this function.  At least the owner can clean things up. 

SusanneK
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

@Konrad_qbeeq Thanks for mentioning the QBeeQ plugin. I have had a look at the page and I am not sure if the ownership could also be passed to a group by using this plugin. Do you know if this is possible? So afterwards the dashboard would have several owners, not only one. I would appreciate you help, because this is exactly what we are missing in Sisense.

Thanks and kind regards

Susanne