Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NLQ: Include all fields from the model

ramansingh89
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi,

I am trying to play with NLQ features and noticed that it only includes attributes that are part of the dashboard and does not consider the one from the underlying model, which really limit the scope for our end users.

Is there a way we can include "all" fields from the underlying model in NLQ?

1 REPLY 1

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @ramansingh89,

Thank you for your question. 

I suspect that the fields are limited to the fields available on the Dashboard for a couple of reasons.

1. To limit confusion caused by presenting users with options that are not relevant to them. We assume that if they are viewing a Dashboard, they want to ask questions related to that Dashboard.

2. Data Security. NLQ accounts for Data Security settings implemented for the user, but I can see confusion with an 'all fields' option, and people wondering if "All" means "All", or "All" means "All the fields the user has access to".

3. If they are asking questions about data that is not displayed in the Dashboard they are basically building a new widget at that point, which they may not have permission to do.

Hopefully that helps answer your question, or at least provided some perspective. 

If this is a feature you would like to see added, please post it to our Product Feedback section. Make sure you include your use case, and how you like to see it implemented, so our product team can evaluate and scope the enhancement.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Have a great day!

David Raynor (DRay)