Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Excluding from an existing Dashboard filter using BLOX

ssoltz
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hello,

I had an earlier challenge which was solved by Daniel (@rapidbisupport). Thank you!

Now, I'm hoping to take this one step further. After the Dashboard filter has been created, I'd like to create another BLOX button to remove specific filter entries from the list (either remove from the include or exclude) using a similar method as previous.

Here is the link to the last request / post:

Thank you in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @ssoltz,

Since Daniel already worked with you on this, let's ping @rapidbisupport and see if have any more insight.

David Raynor (DRay)

Thanks for the tag!

rapidbisupport
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Hi @ssoltz ,

All possible - what do you want to remove from the filters?

"remove specific filter entries from the list"

I mean you could set up a second BloX that looks like:

{
    "style": "",
    "script": "",
    "title": "",
    "showCarousel": true,
    "body": [
        {
            "type": "TextBlock",
            "id": "",
            "class": "",
            "text": "<button id='removeExclusionsFilterButton'>Remove Exclusions</button>"
        }
    ],
    "actions": []
}

and then remove members from the filter related to another 'target pivot with a list of exceptions' like this in the widget script:

const targetWidgetWithExclusionsResultOid = '65c2d47b874ecd0042b02068'
const targetFilterTitle = 'CountryName'

dashboard.on('domready', () => {
    $('#removeExclusionsFilterButton').on('click', () => {
        const targetWidgetWithExclusionsResult = prism.activeDashboard.widgets.$$widgets.find((w) => { return w.oid === targetWidgetWithExclusionsResultOid })
        const targetWidgetResponse = targetWidgetWithExclusionsResult.queryResult.loadService.data.data[0].data.map((r) => { return r.value })
        const targetFilter = prism.activeDashboard.filters.flatten().find((f) => { return f.jaql.title === targetFilterTitle })
	delete targetFilter.jaql.filter.all
        targetFilter.jaql.filter.members = targetFilter.jaql.filter.members.filter((i) => { return !targetWidgetResponse.includes(i) } 
        prism.activeDashboard.refresh()
    })
})

But difficult to provide more info without more specifics. From memory you had a video the first time that outlined the requirement really well - otherwise happy to jump on with Sisense Services | Free 30-Minute Sisense Consultation (rapidbi.com.au).

Let me know how you go?

Thanks,

Daniel

RAPID BI

[email protected]

RAPID BI - Sisense Professional Services | Implementations | Custom Add-ons

Daniel,

I am working on this currently. I will make a video shortly if I cannot get this to work (no luck so far).

So, my confusion currently is that the original solution you created for me was embedding the script in the Dashboard script not a widget script as you state above. So, I'm either trying to use this as a widget script (in this case, which widget...the new button widget? This is not working)...or combining this new script with the old Dashboard script (this is not working yet as I do not know the syntax).

Thank you!

Daniel @rapidbisupport ,

Here is the new video:

Video

I have a feeling your new solution paired with the old one will work. My biggest question is where to put the script. The old one was placed as a Dashboard script. So, I either have to merge old code with new there or understand which widget to add the script to.

By the way, here is my hacked version of your code to create the same filtered records on equivalent Dashboard filters from two different datasets:

const targetWidgetWithResultOid = '65c79382dbb6a200328554a3'
const targetFilterTitle = 'CAD Inc Num Filter'
const targetFilterTitle1 = 'EMS Inc Num Filter'

$('#filterButton').on('click', () => {
        const targetWidgetWithResult = prism.activeDashboard.widgets.$$widgets.find((w) => { return w.oid === targetWidgetWithResultOid })
        const targetWidgetResponse = targetWidgetWithResult.queryResult.loadService.data.data[0].data.map((r) => { return r.value })
        const targetFilter = prism.activeDashboard.filters.flatten().find((f) => { return f.jaql.title === targetFilterTitle })
		const targetFilter1 = prism.activeDashboard.filters.flatten().find((f) => { return f.jaql.title === targetFilterTitle1 })
        targetFilter.jaql.filter.members = targetWidgetResponse
	delete targetFilter1.jaql.filter.all
        targetFilter1.jaql.filter.members = targetWidgetResponse

})
})

Thank you AGAIN for your assistance! 

Thanks for the Chat today @ssoltz ! Was great to jump on a call and I hope you got some value out of it.

As discussed, looks like I missed a bracket in the original response, causing your adapted script to fail.

The changes required are as below:

const targetWidgetWithExclusionsResultOid = '65c2d47b874ecd0042b02068'
const targetFilterTitle = 'CountryName'

$('#removeExclusionsFilterButton').on('click', () => {
        const targetWidgetWithExclusionsResult = prism.activeDashboard.widgets.$$widgets.find((w) => { return w.oid === targetWidgetWithExclusionsResultOid })
        const targetWidgetResponse = targetWidgetWithExclusionsResult.queryResult.loadService.data.data[0].data.map((r) => { return r.value })
        targetFilter.jaql.filter.members = targetFilter.jaql.filter.members.filter((i) => { return !targetWidgetResponse.includes(i) } ) // MISSING BRACKET PREVIOUSLY
    })
})

Don't hesitate to reach out if we can help with anything else!

Thanks,

Daniel

RAPID BI

[email protected]

rapidbisupport
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Hi @ssoltz ,

You should be able to place the code directly under the initial code on the dashboard script.

This should enroll both methods to the dashboards 'domready' event - you can have multiple 'dashboard.on('domready', ()=> .....) and they won't 'overwrite each other'.

Just need to make sure none of the names assignments at the top are named the same.

Let me know how you go?

Thanks,

Daniel

RAPID BI

[email protected]

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @ssoltz ,

I wanted to follow up to see if the solution offered by @rapidbisupport worked for you.

If so, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button so that other users with the same questions can find the answer faster. If not, please let us know so that we can continue to help.

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)