cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date filter to select between two fields

danblack
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

In my table, each record has a date range denoted by two fields.  I would like the user to be able to use a date filter to select any day within the range and have that record be selected.

Example:

danblack_2-1713363025905.png

Pointing to this four-field table, the user could choose 04/06/24 in a filter in order to see this record.  I realize I could create another table such that this record repeats 25 times, once for every day in between (a record for 4/1, 4/2, ... 4/25).  However, my original table is already pushing the limits of being too large; creating that alternative table would be severely impractical.

Any ideas how to accomplish this?

~ Linux/on-prem ~

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

danblack
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Thanks for the reply, @DRay!  While there aren't counts associated, I believe you gave me another idea to play with.  Much appreciated!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @danblack,

Thank you for your question. Are there counts associated with each date within that date range? If so, a different visualization may work better here. A graph would show the value for each point along the range, making it easier to get the count for each day.

David Raynor (DRay)

danblack
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Thanks for the reply, @DRay!  While there aren't counts associated, I believe you gave me another idea to play with.  Much appreciated!

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Glad to help! Please keep us posted, I would love to hear how you end up resolving this.

David Raynor (DRay)