Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Formulas

rbortoluzzi
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Good morning,

I'm starting to use Shared Formulas on Sisense and I would like to know how we do the release of them for another environment.

This is my situation:

1. I have a dashboard in DEV, where I created the shared formulas and used them in some widgets
2. The dashboard was exported from DEV and imported on PROD, but I had to manually recreate all the shared formulas and also edit widget by widget to change the formula, because the formulaRef changed.

Is there a way to deploy from DEV to Prod the shared formulas?

Thanks a lot,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Liliia_DevX
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi,

If you have the same model on the DEV and production servers, please try to export the .smodel from the DEV server including formulas and then import this model to the production server.

Export:

Liliia_DevX_1-1699879443481.png

Import:

Liliia_DevX_0-1699879389827.png

After that please build the imported ElastiCube and the shared formulas should appear in the list.

Please check if this flow allows you to import/export the shared formulas along with the datamodel.

Best Regards, Lily

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Liliia_DevX
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi,

If you have the same model on the DEV and production servers, please try to export the .smodel from the DEV server including formulas and then import this model to the production server.

Export:

Liliia_DevX_1-1699879443481.png

Import:

Liliia_DevX_0-1699879389827.png

After that please build the imported ElastiCube and the shared formulas should appear in the list.

Please check if this flow allows you to import/export the shared formulas along with the datamodel.

Best Regards, Lily

Hi Lili,

I forgot to mention that the models are not the exactly the same in Dev x Prod. So I can't import and export as you suggested.

Do you have another approach to that?

Bests,

Renan Bortoluzzi

Hi Renan,

Thanks for the additional details! Since shared formulas are tied to a model, they could only be transferred along with it for now. However, your request would be a great fit for the Product Feedback Forum. The Product Feedback Forum is THE place where Sisense users can help shape the future of Sisense products by offering feedback. In the Product Feedback Forum, feel free to:
• Submit and share original ideas
• View ideas submitted by other Community members
• Comment and kudo on ideas that impact you

Please check out our video tutorial below on how to get started with your first submission: https://vimeo.com/sisense/819225960?share=copy

Best Regards, Lily