cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Components/technologies inside Sisense

dougnewton
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

I'm curious about what Sisense is built upon.  I've seen references to MongoDb in the documentation.  But I could swear I've also seen "MonetDb" referenced in some pop-up error messages before.

Is Monet for the cube storage, and Mongo is for the dashboards and other sys admin data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @dougnewton.

Thank you for your question

Sisense indeed uses both MongoDB and MonetDB, but they serve different functional purposes within the platform.

1. Mongo: Sisense uses MongoDB primarily as its datastore for the system's metadata. This includes dashboards, users, permissions, and other system configuration data. Essentially, MongoDB holds the data related to the system's functionality and user interface elements.

2. Monet V2: Monet V2 is used for data model storage and processing queries for visualizations.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you need any more information.

David Raynor (DRay)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @dougnewton.

Thank you for your question

Sisense indeed uses both MongoDB and MonetDB, but they serve different functional purposes within the platform.

1. Mongo: Sisense uses MongoDB primarily as its datastore for the system's metadata. This includes dashboards, users, permissions, and other system configuration data. Essentially, MongoDB holds the data related to the system's functionality and user interface elements.

2. Monet V2: Monet V2 is used for data model storage and processing queries for visualizations.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if you need any more information.

David Raynor (DRay)

dougnewton
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Thanks!