Product Feedback Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WE NEED THE ABILITY TO DO A LEFT JOIN WITHIN THE SISENSE DATA MODEL

7 Comments

I've found that, for us, the need for a left join is primarily for tables. For calculations and such, it doesn't matter as much. But when we want to display a table of data, it would be a much better experience to have the left join.

However, when needed, I have gotten around it in modeling.

Can you share your solution, what was your work around? @tjswing 

Status changed to: Needs Votes & Comments

Hello @ehannscott ,

Thank you for sharing your idea in the Sisense Community. We value your input and think this is a great idea! 

This is a common ask, but due to product constraints, it will require further investment. So, in order to prioritize our development efforts, we want to gauge community interest. We kindly request you to encourage other users to vote and comment on your suggestion. The more engagement your request receives, the higher the likelihood it has of being considered for implementation.

We appreciate your efforts!

Best, 

Nir Vaknin

@ehannscott if maybe you could come up with an alternative solution to this please share it, we are presenting this need as well

My alternative solutions:

• Create dummy rows and spine tables to prevent the inner join from dropping rows. (doesn't work in all situations)
  • Use Notebooks (doesn't scale for our use case)
  • Live with it
  • Use alternative BI software

@ehannscott thanks for sharing these alternatives will help us to see what works for us, I leave this post that is related and have other options https://community-old.sisense.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360000477234-Left-Joining-Tables-in-Cube