cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I use "un-select"? It seems so random!

lalasisi
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi Sisense community!

I have a question on when I can use the un-select function in charts. I was expecting to see the option to “un-select” a bar in a bar chart that includes many clients in my dashboard. Because in many cases, there are outliers that I want to exclude in my dashboard. However, upon right clicking the bar I want to un-select, it only shows the “select”, “add to pulse” and “drill into” option. How can I use the un-select option here? Below please find a screenshot of my sample bar chart widget.

lalasisi_0-1725987956977.png

I then randomly filtered to 11 teams and attempted to un-select Cincinnati Reds, this time I could see the “un-select” option after right clicking on the team. To me, it appears the “un-select” option appears very randomly. Under what circumstances can I use this option? When can I not use this option? I couldn’t find any documentation about this online. Please help.

lalasisi_1-1725987974827.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

Hi @lalasisi ,

The behavior you're seeing is actually tied to whether or not a filter is applied.

The “Select” option appears when no filter is currently applied to the category in question. This means that if you're viewing the bar chart without any pre-existing filters on the category, you will only see the “Select” and other related options when right-clicking on a bar.

However, when you apply a filter on the category, the “Un-select” option becomes available. This allows you to exclude specific items from the current view. So, in your case, the “Un-select” option appeared when you filtered to 11 teams because the chart then had a filter applied, making the option to exclude items from the view.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any out-of-the-box solution to enable the “Un-select” option when no filter is applied. It seems that this feature might require some custom implementation if you need that functionality without applying a filter.

In summary:

• “Select” option: Appears when no filter is applied.
  • “Un-select” option: Becomes available when a filter is active on the category, allowing you to exclude specific items from the filtered view.

I hope this clarifies the behavior you're seeing

Thanks,

Hari

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

Hi @lalasisi ,

The behavior you're seeing is actually tied to whether or not a filter is applied.

The “Select” option appears when no filter is currently applied to the category in question. This means that if you're viewing the bar chart without any pre-existing filters on the category, you will only see the “Select” and other related options when right-clicking on a bar.

However, when you apply a filter on the category, the “Un-select” option becomes available. This allows you to exclude specific items from the current view. So, in your case, the “Un-select” option appeared when you filtered to 11 teams because the chart then had a filter applied, making the option to exclude items from the view.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any out-of-the-box solution to enable the “Un-select” option when no filter is applied. It seems that this feature might require some custom implementation if you need that functionality without applying a filter.

In summary:

• “Select” option: Appears when no filter is applied.
  • “Un-select” option: Becomes available when a filter is active on the category, allowing you to exclude specific items from the filtered view.

I hope this clarifies the behavior you're seeing

Thanks,

Hari

That makes sense. Bummer that the "un-select" option isn't available by default in Sisense. But at least now I have the knowledge about why and can speak to it. Thanks for your help!