cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using RSUM with with dashboard filters

GSSC
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

My dashboard shows the value and running sum of the value for each month. When I select a date range in the dashboard date filter I want to the pivot to show the selected period however the first RSum Value should show the running sum including all previous months. RSum1.png

So for this example, when I filter to months between 05/2023 and 10/2023 I want to see 1,347,463 return for 05/2023. 

RSum2.png

Any suggestions? @intapiuser 

5 REPLIES 5

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @GSSC,

Thank you for reaching out here. I see that this question hasn't had a response yet, so I am reaching out internally to try and get you an answer. 

David Raynor (DRay)

OlehChudiiovych
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @GSSC 

I don't think this is possible as RSUM specifically calculates the visible/available data in the same order, meaning if values are excluded from the widget with filter - those values cannot be used in RSUM calculation.

I would suggest 2 ways around this:

1. Switch the filter behavior from Slice to Highlight  - this way selected months will be highlighted and RSUM will be calculated properly, however all months will still be displayed on a widget
  2. Calculate RSUM on the model level with help of a custom table and then display it as is in widget
Sisense Support team

Thanks @OlehChudiiovych for the response. Would it be possible to achieve this in the widget by using the advanced filters? I've been trying to get this working having no luck

Vadim_Pidgornyi
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hello, 

You can use the ALL() function in the formula to achieve your current goal. 

Here is the example : (Rsum([Total Cost]),ALL([Years in Date]))

Vadim_Pidgornyi_0-1726155746701.png

Kind regards. 

Indeed this seems to be working here! Here is another example showing week 22 RSUM with All() function starting with 97.65 

OlehChudiiovych_0-1726165700184.png

Sisense Support team