cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Drilling into a new style widget

Jack_Machesky
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Does anyone know of a way to drill into one style of widget, and turn the drill to widget into a new style? For example, drilling into a bar of a bar graph and displaying a pivot table of names from a list. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AssafHanina
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hey @Jack_Machesky ,

It sounds like you want to provide viewers with a control to switch between different chart types.

In general, Sisense widget types do not share common panels, which can limit chart switcher options because the metadata panels differ between types.

Possible Solutions: 

1. Widget Script for Switching Chart Types:
    Referencing to the following Article - it's possible to add a widget script which allow viewers to switch between the following widget types - (line/bar/column/pie/area chart)
  2. Jump to Dashboard Plugin: 
    the plugin allow option to drill from the main dashboard into a Drill dashboard which can contain different widget types (by predefined) and for additional information which doesn't necessary require in the main dashboard.

3. Tabber Plugin: 
    The Tabber add-on creates a new widget that allows you to switch between views easily and quickly without changing the dashboard. 
    The widgets are predefined by the Designers and displayed according to the Viewers click. 
    Using Tabber can Increase the Dashboard Load time as it require more widgets to Load even if those are not displayed.

4. Premium Plugins: 
    as mentioned above or by customize solution

Best Regards

Assaf

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @Jack_Machesky,

Thank you for reaching out here. I see that this question hasn't had a response yet, so I am reaching out internally to try and get you and get you an answer. 

David Raynor (DRay)

Thank you, I really appreciate it. This is something my organization has been looking for for some time now and a solution would be awesome!

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @Jack_Machesky,

Could you use our built in drill feature combined with this partner's premium add-ons?

David Raynor (DRay)

Hi DRay, this is a potential option but is there any way to accomplish this without any additional payments?

Thanks

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Not that we have been able to find. If you like I can talk to your account team about having a technical resource investigate a custom solution with you.

David Raynor (DRay)

AssafHanina
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hey @Jack_Machesky ,

It sounds like you want to provide viewers with a control to switch between different chart types.

In general, Sisense widget types do not share common panels, which can limit chart switcher options because the metadata panels differ between types.

Possible Solutions: 

1. Widget Script for Switching Chart Types:
    Referencing to the following Article - it's possible to add a widget script which allow viewers to switch between the following widget types - (line/bar/column/pie/area chart)
  2. Jump to Dashboard Plugin: 
    the plugin allow option to drill from the main dashboard into a Drill dashboard which can contain different widget types (by predefined) and for additional information which doesn't necessary require in the main dashboard.

3. Tabber Plugin: 
    The Tabber add-on creates a new widget that allows you to switch between views easily and quickly without changing the dashboard. 
    The widgets are predefined by the Designers and displayed according to the Viewers click. 
    Using Tabber can Increase the Dashboard Load time as it require more widgets to Load even if those are not displayed.

4. Premium Plugins: 
    as mentioned above or by customize solution

Best Regards

Assaf

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @Jack_Machesky ,

I wanted to follow up to see if the solution offered by @AssafHanina worked for you.

If so, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button so other users with the same questions can find the answer faster. If not, please let us know so that we can continue to help.

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)

Using the "Jump To" Plugin works well enough, but it would be ideal to not have to create a large amount of external dashboards and be able to drill instead of jumping. Thank you for reaching out.

Hey @Jack_Machesky ,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback.

managing a large number of external dashboards can be cumbersome.
While the "Jump To" Plugin offers a way to navigate between dashboards, a more streamlined solution would be to enhance the ability to drill down within a single dashboard. 

In addition to the options shared for the Widget Type Switcher, consider using Drill Hierarchy or Drill Into features as Describe in the following Link:

• Predefined Hierarchies (Recommended): Users can select from hierarchies created by the dashboard designers, providing a guided and structured way to explore data.
  • Drill Into Anywhere: Users can access a list of available columns and tables in the data model, though this is less recommended as viewers might not be familiar with the data model.

Additionally, using the Swapper for Dimensions/Measures, as described in this community article, can enhance the interactivity of the dashboard from the end users' perspective.

By combining these and the other options, you can create a more interactive and user-friendly dashboard experience.

Best Regards

Assaf

Hello Assaf,

Yes I completely agree, but this just circles back to the original issue described in my post. There is no way to switch between widget types when drilling down it seems. I agree that this would make it much more streamlined and easier to manage, but I need to go from, say, a bar chart drilled down into a pivot table. The only free solution seems to be the jump to dashboard option.

Jack

Hey @Jack_Machesky , 

Alongside the solutions mentioned above, the Accordion plugin also provide the ability to drill, although the Accordion plugin is limited to drill from Indicator widget only.

Additionally, consider including the Pivot table as an additional widget and using the category on the Bar Chart for filtering.
In the related screenshot, the Color Bar is used to filter the Pivot without needing to drill.

AssafHanina_0-1719823255240.png

Best Regards

Assaf