cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coloring on a bar graph

andyjohnston
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

I created a column chart with multiple columns. I was coloring them using the conditional coloring based on what value they were in the chart. But, I ran into a problem where when two columns have the same value they will always be the same color. I want them both to be different colors. Is there a different way to approach this? 

3 REPLIES 3

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @andyjohnston.

Are you using a Widget Script to do the formatting? I don't know of a way to use conditional formatting AND have columns with the same value have different colors. You might need to use a different visualization type, or split the data differently, or add another value that affects the coloring.

David Raynor (DRay)

Helena_qbeeq
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi @andyjohnston ,

If the objective is to have different colors for each bar, have you tried a script similar to this one?

This might be a solution.

Please let me know if this works for you : )

Always here to help,
Helena from QBeeQ
[email protected]
QBeeQ - Gold Implementation and Development Partner

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hello @andyjohnston ,

I wanted to follow up to see if the solution offered by @Helena_qbeeq worked for you.

If so, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button on their post, that way other users with the same questions can find the answer. If not, please let us know so that we can continue to help.

Thank you.

David Raynor (DRay)