cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Applying a filter on a dashboard with two data sources

Astroraf
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

I have a dashboard that uses a Live model and Elasticbube mode and both use the same dim tables. One being dim_date and the other being dim_endpoint. If I want to apply a filter from these dim tables to be applied across the whole dashboard knowing that both models have the same schema will I be able to do this? 

From what I have read this can be done in the relationship editor but I wanted to double-check is there is any more steps need to apply this filter or if I can just apply a filter and it will already affect the whole dashboard. 

@DRay 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3

gwolfe
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Hey @Astroraf , we have several dashboards that utilize multiple data models. As long as the dimension you want to filter on is spelled identically on each model it should work. 

@gwolfe so there is no need to do any extra steps when I apply a dashboard filter to this specific dashboard. The dim tables are named exactly the same and there is no difference between these two dim tables in both the live and elastic cube models. 

gwolfe
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

@Astroraf correct. Check out the second video on this link to see it in action https://docs.sisense.com/main/SisenseLinux/creating-a-dashboard-with-multiple-sources.htm