cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View queries that Sisense is sending to a live source?

bpeikes
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Not sure if this is the right "Location", as this community boards "Locations" make no sense. Had a question regarding viewing the queries that Sisense is sending to a live source. I have a dashboard which is returning no data available, and I have no idea why. Querying the data directly in RedShift works fine.

Is there a log I can tail to view the queries?

To add some additional data, the filters on this dashboard, although set in the url via "filter" parameter and JAQL, are showing a "busy" animation. I'm not sure what they are trying to do.

4 REPLIES 4

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

You can try the combined.log or the query.log (in var/log/sisense/sisense on your main app node) from, that should have most log records in it.

An actually *failed* query due to an error should have its sql somewhere in query.log.

I think the busy animation on the filters tends to happen when the data security/available rows in the filter queries are running. If you have a lot of data security settings or a lot of rows in your dimension tables, those might be things to check. 

Angelina_QBeeQ
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Hi @bpeikes ,

Maybe Viewing Queries to Data Sources feature can help you.
It allows you to see SQL query sent to your data source from the widget.

Always here to help,
Angelina from QBeeQ
[email protected]
QBeeQ  - Gold Implementation and Development Partner

I was hoping for a log on the server somewhere. The reason I’m looking for that, is I also want to know what the filters are doing. They often have “working” animations.

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

You could also check the galaxy.log. According to this article, the filter behaviour you describe could be from the queries trying to contact the data source. 

Good Luck!

Iris