cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Based Access for Dashboards

KarlBlanco
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Was wondering if there was any way now, or on the roadmap to allow for role based access to dashboard that are separate from the general sisense roles (admin, designer, viewer) so that I can assign dashboard to a role and everyone in that role will have access.   As we add new users it takes a long time to have to go into every dashboard that we want them to have access to and add them one at a time.  Seems like there should be a better way to handle this when you have 100s of dashboards to go through.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hi @KarlBlanco 

Wouldn't using the group functionality be an answer? You share a dashboard with a group and share a group with a user(s). 

When you have a new user you can just add them to the group and they will have access to all dashboards shared with that group.

Thats how we do it. This way we can just batch import an excel file with users and assigned groups and the Sisense-API does the rest

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hi @KarlBlanco 

Wouldn't using the group functionality be an answer? You share a dashboard with a group and share a group with a user(s). 

When you have a new user you can just add them to the group and they will have access to all dashboards shared with that group.

Thats how we do it. This way we can just batch import an excel file with users and assigned groups and the Sisense-API does the rest

KarlBlanco
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Haven't ever used that.  Let me give it a shot.  Thanks for the reply.

KarlBlanco
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Thanks so much for the tip.  That is exactly what I was looking for.