cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's one hobby you’d love to start if time and money weren’t an issue?

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

I would love to take up Sculpting. Either clay or stone. I think that looks really fun, and I love seeing what people have done and how long they last.

David Raynor (DRay)
20 REPLIES 20

jcordell
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Book collecting and book restoration/binding. 
My dream is to cover all of my favorite books with the classic looks of older books:)

Jacqueline Pacheco

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

That would be super fun! Maybe we could mix in one of my other dream hobbies, leatherworking!

David Raynor (DRay)

rapidbisupport
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

Most of the team here enjoy playing basketball, riding (mountain / gravel / road), wake-boarding, looking after goats (is this a hobby?) and building ML models in the spare time (yeah, seriously - in the right industry I guess).

I sent out a poll, and the majority of the team would love more time to do gardening and take care of plants.

jcordell
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

GOATS!!! I love it!! 

Jacqueline Pacheco

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Have you never heard the wise words of the musical prophets Cake? Sheep go to heaven, goats go to hell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYxs4esLI_E

David Raynor (DRay)

Jake_Raz
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

At first I was thinking about something like 3D printing. The printers can be pricey, and knowing how to create or adjust the 3D model files is a definite skill that takes time to learn. Even 3D modeling in general would be fun to learn, if I had the time to do so. Every year or so I'll reinstall Blender and try and go through that famous donut tutorial, but I'll always get to some stopping point, save my file and tell myself "Okay, let's finish this later" and then completely forget about it or never have time 😛

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Are you me?

David Raynor (DRay)

I bought a used 3D printer and could not get it to work.  Hate to say it looked like poop!  It is definitely takes time to learn.  

AndrewLoomis
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Molecular gastronomy.  I love to cook, but putting food into different form factors is something I've wanted to experiment with - requires a lot of skill, time, and equipment.

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

You like to cook, I like to eat, we make a perfect team!

David Raynor (DRay)

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Lego...

I like to build and let my imagination go wild. Lego also discovered that the children from 25-30 years ago are now adults, so Lego packs have become expensive but oh so nice. My latest  Addition is the avengers tower 🙂

1000015153.jpg

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

I have a Razor Crest, the Mandalorians ship, that I'm super proud of.

David Raynor (DRay)

cshun
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

that's impressive!

Jack_Machesky
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Even though I already alpine ski, it would be something I would do much more if I did not have to worry about the money aspect. I love to travel, and being able to ski wherever I want in the world (Alps, Rockies, Patagonia) would be awesome.

jcordell
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

I wish I was a skiier!! I bust my butt every time!! Lol

Jacqueline Pacheco

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

I used to ski, but I have freakishly flexible hips, like I can rotate my legs about 110 degrees outward so they are pointing behind me. Great for getting out of theatre or airplane aisles, less so for skiing. I tried snowboarding once but haven't had a chance to try again, and now I'm too old and it would break me.

David Raynor (DRay)

jcordell
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

cshun
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

I took a glass blowing class and it was a lot of fun.  It is fun to shape into what you want.

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

That does look super fun!

David Raynor (DRay)

cshun
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

You have to be able to get really hot!!  That was hard for me, so I stopped abruptly causing my bowl to be shaped a bit different.  But let's call it art!