cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values on Rows

chriswin
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

In my table, Values are arranged vertically as columns (first table in my screenshot).  How can I move the Values so that they are arranged horizontally as rows (second table in my screenshot)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7

cmersinger
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Since its a calculated value you cant put it as a row on the pivot table - following thread to see if someone has a solution because I tried to do similar. 

Phatduck
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi. 

There’s an old plug-in called Transpose Pívot Table, which might help. But it can be a bit temperamental, and I’ve not used it for a while. If you can access it try https://community-old.sisense.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/221226328-Transpose-a-Pivot-Table-Plugin

There is a note on that page saying the widget only supports one grouping and it has to be on rows.  I have at least 3 fields needed for rows and 1 on columns, so it appears this will not work for my case.  Thank you for your suggestion.

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

Does this process take the whole table and unions it to itself for each metric?  For example, if a table has 5,000 rows and 3 metrics, the result would be a table with 15,000 rows?

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

No, you need to create a table of matrices with fake key and create a custom column 'key' in transaction table. When you create a widget, you will get duplicate rows for each matric. Then apply the formula as mentioned in the below post with case statement:

https://community.sisense.com/t5/build-analytics/transposing-pivot-table/m-p/2299/highlight/true#M41...

-Hari

IdoDarnell
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hey @chriswin in addition to @harikm007 response, QBeeQ also created a very powerful Expandable Pivot which allows placing values in rows, among many other features,

Feel free to reach out for a demo and trial!

info@qbeeq.pl

www.qbeeq.pl