cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values on Rows

chriswin
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

In my table, Values are arranged vertically as columns (first table in my screenshot).  How can I move the Values so that they are arranged horizontally as rows (second table in my screenshot)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8 REPLIES 8

cmersinger
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Since its a calculated value you cant put it as a row on the pivot table - following thread to see if someone has a solution because I tried to do similar. 

Phatduck
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi. 

There’s an old plug-in called Transpose Pívot Table, which might help. But it can be a bit temperamental, and I’ve not used it for a while. If you can access it try https://community-old.sisense.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/221226328-Transpose-a-Pivot-Table-Plugin

There is a note on that page saying the widget only supports one grouping and it has to be on rows.  I have at least 3 fields needed for rows and 1 on columns, so it appears this will not work for my case.  Thank you for your suggestion.

Does this process take the whole table and unions it to itself for each metric?  For example, if a table has 5,000 rows and 3 metrics, the result would be a table with 15,000 rows?

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

No, you need to create a table of matrices with fake key and create a custom column 'key' in transaction table. When you create a widget, you will get duplicate rows for each matric. Then apply the formula as mentioned in the below post with case statement:

https://community.sisense.com/t5/build-analytics/transposing-pivot-table/m-p/2299/highlight/true#M41...

-Hari

Ido_QBeeQ
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hey @chriswin in addition to @harikm007 response, QBeeQ also created a very powerful Expandable Pivot which allows placing values in rows, among many other features,

Feel free to reach out for a demo and trial!

[email protected]

www.qbeeq.pl

Benji_PaldiTeam
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Hey @chriswin ,
Check out Paldi's  Financial table as it's a lean plugin that answers your exact needs.

Let me know if you want to jumpstart a free trial for the plugin.

[email protected]

paldi.solutions