cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help customizing an Indicator widget > Gauge design (sample enclosed)

leo82
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi, I need help with 'customizing-an-indicator-widget'. 

Refer to the jpeg image.

1. What I've tried so far: From the below image. I currently have built widget image (1)
  2. What good looks like: What triggered me is the post linked below, and widget image (2)
  3. What great looks like / what I really want: (3) from jpeg image. Logic below.
    1. such that gauge dial, from 0% to 19% is Green color (0%-19% is static range, this range should not change dynamically, unless I edit it thru the script)
    2. 20% - 100% dial color remains 'red', same explanation as above.
    3. Rationale - I am plotting overall team capacity. How much of the total is consumed for 'solving production issues, bug fixes. If the needed goes above 19% threshold then I want to alert users that they are in red zone (of the dial). Open to suggestions, ideas on how better I can represent this, what I am not thinking about? 

From the below post, example of gauge that close to my requirement . The Gauge Widget > Skin #2. I want to add above customization to it.

https://isolate.menlosecurity.com/https://community.sisense.com/t5/knowledge/customizing-an-indicato...

leo82_0-1678408818053.jpeg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Lars_Menken
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

If I understand you correctly then all you have to do is going into your widget, click on the blue colour button and change from Single Colour to Conditional. There you can define a low colour (green) and a high colour (red) and set your treshold to change to 0.19 (or 0.2?).

The needle will be dynamic, and the shown data (33.7% in your case) will be in either green or red, depending on beating or not beating treshold.

View solution in original post

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

You can apply Conditional Formatting to a regular indicator widget and get the result you're looking for, I think. (Or at least, that will produce image 2). No need for scripting or Blox. Removing the bar below the gauge has so far defeated also my scripting efforts, though. 

Good luck!

ConditionalformatIndicator.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

leo82
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

@Ophir_Buchman Can you please guide on this, or tag someone on the team who can help? Thanks!

Lars_Menken
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

If I understand you correctly then all you have to do is going into your widget, click on the blue colour button and change from Single Colour to Conditional. There you can define a low colour (green) and a high colour (red) and set your treshold to change to 0.19 (or 0.2?).

The needle will be dynamic, and the shown data (33.7% in your case) will be in either green or red, depending on beating or not beating treshold.

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

You can apply Conditional Formatting to a regular indicator widget and get the result you're looking for, I think. (Or at least, that will produce image 2). No need for scripting or Blox. Removing the bar below the gauge has so far defeated also my scripting efforts, though. 

Good luck!

ConditionalformatIndicator.png

leo82
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Thank you both!

Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]