cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control which Carousel value Blox displays?

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

I've been playing around with Blox indicators and sparklines for a while now, and I have a fantastic-looking dashboard. But...

I want my widget to adjust its indicator value based on the dashboard 'time period' filter. This can be changed from days to months to weeks or something else again. I am *also* displaying a sparkline, which means I also have the date dimension in the panels of my widget.

What I thought I had achieved, was a Blox indicator that, when the filter was changed, showed the average over the time period in the filter. What I have actually achieved is a Blox indicator that shows the first value of the caroussel/sparkline. 

Is there a way to either a) calculate the average over the time period in the filter while at the same time having that column in the panels of the widget or b) by default show the latest/final value in the carousel instead of the first one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

Turns out the solution to get the aggregation to show over the entire period in the filter in combination with a sparkline is to duplicate the date column, and to put the one *not* being used as a dashboard filter in the widget as a panel value. The sparkline  should then just be the formula for the KPI of interest, and the single number value formula should have a filter in the formula for ALL([Days in SecondDate])

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

irismaessen
11 - Data Pipeline
11 - Data Pipeline

Turns out the solution to get the aggregation to show over the entire period in the filter in combination with a sparkline is to duplicate the date column, and to put the one *not* being used as a dashboard filter in the widget as a panel value. The sparkline  should then just be the formula for the KPI of interest, and the single number value formula should have a filter in the formula for ALL([Days in SecondDate])

Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]