cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elasticube Custom Table Dashboard Dependencies

Milan
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Similarly to viewing dashboards dependents on an elasticube, is there a way to view dependencies of tables (custom or otherwise)?

The use case is removing tables that have been created but are no longer needed. There is no quick way identifying if a dashboard is using a given table, with out going through all dashboards and identifying the tables by looking at every single widget.

5 REPLIES 5

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hi @Milan ,

You could create a datamodel and import data from Sisense's Application-DB (mongoDB). You can then import dashboard and widget data including which tables/columns are used as filters or in widgets. 

Milan
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi @HamzaJ ,

Thank you for this suggestion, I'm not too familiar with Sisense's Application-DB. Is this something that you have attempted? If so, could you outline some steps to produce this?

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hello @Milan ,

It depends if you are on Linux or Windows. On windows I think you can do localhost:27017. On linux its sisense-mongodb:27017 . On Linux it could perhaps have a different name. It depends on how it is installed. You could do kubectl -n sisense get pods which should reveal how your mongodb is named.

Collection is PrismWebDB

After that you should be able to select the tables from Sisense'Application DB. It will take sometime figuring out what is where, but it should be doable. An alternative could be Benji's Field Analyzer which is more plug and play

Hamza

Milan
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Thanks for the explanation @HamzaJ , we use Sisense Cloud, but the same should exist. We'll explore the Plug and Play solution you mentioned, before digging into MongoDB.

Benji_PaldiTeam
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Hi @Milan ,

@HamzaJ this is definitely a great suggestion.

If you encounter this use case regularly and want to use a UI tool, I recommend taking a look at our "Field Analyzer," which we created just for this purpose.

Cheers,

Benji

[email protected] 

Paldi Solutions | Sisense Experts for Embedded Analytics Tools