cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dynamic Date Filtering

Michael-Schram
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

How can one add a column filter to a widget or dashboard that is relative to an input parameter or variable?

8 REPLIES 8

szimmermann
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Following this as I have the same question.

javierecfpn
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

By input parameter you mean an arbitrary of any text input?

Every filter on the dashboard is already an input that can be modified by the user as long as its not locked I think.

I may need an example to understand better the situation

OlehChudiiovych
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

It would indeed be helpful to have larger context of the goal you want to achieve. 
Generally speaking, Blox plugin has a list of utilities for enhancing the dashboards, one of such utilities is Input.Date that can collect the Date value from user and apply it to widgets/dashboard as a filter. More info on this can be found here:
https://documentation.sisense.com/8-6/blox/bloxreference.htm#gsc.tab=0

Michael-Schram
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Thanks @OlehChudiiovych

I have received additional recommendations outside of this community as well.

I intend to review them once I'm back from vacation (~1.5 weeks).  I'll post an update.  If some of my use cases are not solved, then I'll elaborate on them.

Thanks!

Michael-Schram
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

I have identified cube design measures that will address our two most immediate use cases.

However, it'd be preferred to solve some of these problems in a dashboard.

Once I have a window of time for Blox exploration I'll note if and how it can be used for my use cases.

Hi @Michael-Schram

Were you able to resolve the issue?

Can this thread be closed?

Thanks,

Ophir

Ophir_Buchman
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @Michael-Schram,

Your use-case sounds like one of two options:

1. The ability to control a filter as part of the dashboard (e.g., a drop-down box that lets you choose a value, or a text box that lets you type in a date)
  2. The ability to control a "variable" via a textbox and allow it to affect the dashboard results (a.k.a. "What-If Analysis")

Can you please elaborate on your use case so I can answer the question?

@Ophir_Buchman , the use case would be as follows:

1. Select a date based value in a widget filter (i.e. month or date range).
2. Allow various widgets within the dashboard to filter a different date range / period, relative to the user's filter selection.  For example, one widget might display a KPI for the six month prior to the user's selection and another might display the same KPI for the user's selection.

We've found methods to accomplish this within creative cube architecture but I'm inquiring if the web application has its own solution.