cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deselect stacked Column chart legend value by default

Gramsey
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi,  I'm looking for help deselecting a stacked Column chart value by default. 

Use case: I have a stacked column chart stacking a metric (# of Actions suggested) by date.

Lets say I have 4 actions: Run, Hide, Fight, and No Action - over 90% of my data is "No Action" 

I'd like to deselect the "No Action" value in the legend of the widget by default each time a user accesses the dashboard to highlight the more actionable data - but still have the value be available if users elect to view it. 

I'm a novice at manipulating the widgets via script and haven't found any similar scripts to give me a starting point on this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Ido_QBeeQ
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hey @Gramsey 

I believe what you're looking for is the native Sisense default filters feature,

With this you can set what your required default filters will be upon login, 

QBeeQ developed a few premium plugins which can allow you to achieve a few additional advanced filtering capability:

1.  Default Filter views 
  2. Advanced Filter Bookmarks  Allows viewers to create and store predefined filter presets which ar easily reloaded to the dashboard view
  3. Advanced Dashboard Filters  Allows all advanced Sisense filtering capabilities and much more from a filters widget on the dashboard area itself, thus optimizing dashboard real estate

We have dozens of other very powerful plugins which you may find interesting

LMK if you have any further questions,

Always here to help,
Ido from QBeeQ
[email protected]
QBeeQ - Gold Implementation and Development Partner 
www.qbeeq.pl

Benji_PaldiTeam
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Hello @Gramsey ,

You can definitely use Sisense default filters feature as @Ido_QBeeQ mentioned.

However, when a viewer changes the filter selection to include the "No Action" value  - the next time he opens the dashboard it will appear again this is called "persistent user selection" and this is Sisense out-of-the-box filters behavior.

For these kinds of use cases, we at Paldi Solutions developed the free plugin Advanced Default Values 
so you will have control over filters' default values.

Let me know if you would like to get a trial and f
eel free to reach out if you have further questions as we're always happy to help (: 

Gramsey
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Thank you for the replies but I'm actually trying to leave the filtering out of the dashboard filters entirely and only deselect the value from the widget legend (widget affects dashboard filters is disabled for this widget) by default.  Creating a dashboard filter that only filters on this widget isn't an option either. So really Im only interesting in affecting the widget legend and native filtering abilities

harikm007
13 - Data Warehouse
13 - Data Warehouse

Gramsey
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

@harikm007  - Yes this is exactly what I was looking for. I've hit a small snag though as the widget is  scaling the report accounting for all values including those deselected by default in scaling the vertical axis - so to apply my case to your example - Midwest is 10m so the vertical Axis scales up to 12M - even though that value isn't displayed and it makes the values in the chart look small.  I tried changing the event and forcing a refresh but couldn't find away around it, any suggestions on how to address the scaling?

Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]