cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COLUMN CHART SHOW ALL CATEGORIES EVEN IF NULL/0/MISSING

cartercjb
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Please reference the attached excel worksheet.  My goal is to show all horizontal categories, even when data = null/0/N/A.

Snag_1dccd86.pngCurrently, only 3/6 categories appear and I've tried nearly every Sisense KB article I can find related to null/N/A values. 

Snag_1e6cb81.png

THANK YOU!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hi @cartercjb ,

I don't think that this is possible within Sisense with only enabling a certain option. What you could do is create a filtered measure per category. It will be labor intensive if you have a lot of categories.

You can do this by adding a measure and writing something like

(COUNT([Metric]), [ NTA CASE MIX])

You can click on [NTA CASE MIX] and select filter. Filter on NA and press OK. Repeat this for the other 4 . You will notice that even though count = 0 it will still show. (remember to remove NTA CASE MIX from Categories)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hi @cartercjb ,

I don't think that this is possible within Sisense with only enabling a certain option. What you could do is create a filtered measure per category. It will be labor intensive if you have a lot of categories.

You can do this by adding a measure and writing something like

(COUNT([Metric]), [ NTA CASE MIX])

You can click on [NTA CASE MIX] and select filter. Filter on NA and press OK. Repeat this for the other 4 . You will notice that even though count = 0 it will still show. (remember to remove NTA CASE MIX from Categories)

Thank you, @HamzaJ. You are right that it is very cumbersome, but it got the job done. 

One follow-up question - my previous value calculation was: Snag_655e60.png

That PDPM Days metric is actually = 

Snag_66346d.png

Is there a simpler way for me to calculate each metric's contribution rather than nesting this formula 6x?

lduwe
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Hi @HamzaJ 
How can I add a measure to a widget?
Do I need a extension for this?

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

I dont know what you exactly mean, but adding a measure is possible within every chart type. It is essentially adding a formula (for example COUNT or SUM) on a value. When you choose for a pivot the tab is called measure. When you choose for a column  chart it is called values (if i am notmistaken)