cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Custom Color - pivot field

danblack
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

I'm trying to insert a custom color.  After entering the hexadecimal value, how do I get the functionality to accept my value?  <Enter> does nothing.  I've tried with and without the # sign.

danblack_0-1713459084735.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

danblack
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hey @DRay, I think I just figured it out!

I'm using conditional formatting of colors and, as you saw from my screenshot, the addition of a hexadecimal value doesn't work, BUT... I can go into a single value, add the color, then the color will be available in the conditional screen.

It's a workaround and probably still not working as Sisense intended, but I'll take it!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @danblack,

Thank you for your question.

I reviewed the documentation, and clicking OK should do it. What happens if you click the OK button?

David Raynor (DRay)

danblack
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Thanks for yet another reply, @DRay!

Clicking OK invokes the bottom screen and closes the palette screen and disregards what was inputted into the box. 

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Hi @danblack,

What version of Sisense are you using? I can try and replicate the issue. It might be faster to open up a support ticket though, they have resources prepared to look into things like this.

David Raynor (DRay)

danblack
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Thanks @DRay.

I am on Version: L2023.9.0.297.  Can try a ticket.

danblack
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hey @DRay, I think I just figured it out!

I'm using conditional formatting of colors and, as you saw from my screenshot, the addition of a hexadecimal value doesn't work, BUT... I can go into a single value, add the color, then the color will be available in the conditional screen.

It's a workaround and probably still not working as Sisense intended, but I'll take it!

DRay
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Thank you for the update. As long as it's working, if you're happy I'm happy!

David Raynor (DRay)

Michael8307
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

You have the hash (#) as part of your hex code.  The hash is understood and not needed. The field is only 6 characters long and you'll notice that only 5 chars of your hex is visible.  Remove the hash and insert the final character of your hex code, a small colored box will appear at the end of that input box and you'll be able to click that and lock it in